London Landmarks Half Marathon - 25th April 2018

On 25th March 2018 I took part in the inaugural London Landmarks Half Marathon ( My 6th different half marathon) and what a day it was - here's my review of the event...


Registration and Pre-Race

The registration process was very, very simple and was made aware all along that this was a "first come, first served" entry so needed to be quick off the mark...If memory serves me right it was £49.50

I was in!

From then I received fabulous updates, initially on a monthly basis drumming up excitement and informing of special rates for accommodation and generally keeping me up to date right up to race day.

The Facebook page was where all the excitement really came from and I have to say the frequency and standard of communication via the site was second to none - incredibly compelling and, more to the point, ENGAGING



Warnings of potential travel issues!


Teaser post regarding the bling!!


Last minute surprise!
















The welcome pack and App were absolutely first class, not just for the runners but for the spectators too offering incredible info to make the whole day memorable

App on phone




T shirt, Supporters guide and bag
















Race day

I cannot praise this event enough - there was music, smiles, bells, landmarks I never knew existed and an atmosphere like no other. The compact course through the City made it very cosy allowing for large groups of spectators almost throughout.

The numerous charity cheering points and themed areas made for, quite simply, the best atmosphere I have ever been involved in while running



A very flat course with the only incline of any real significance coming just before mile 10 - after that it is downhill then flat!! It really is a perfect beginners course

The Bling and post race

I was greeted at the finishing line by Henry VIII would you believe - a really fabulous touch from the organisers having the medals given out by historic figures.......and what a medal it was.......

/

In Summary

As stated in the beginning, this was my 6th DIFFERENT half marathon event and, when I initially signed up, I saw it as a great training run for my London Marathon a month later but to not treat the event as it's own standalone event would be doing it a huge disservice. If you have never done a half marathon and wondering whether or not to take the plunge, this is absolutely the event for you, I can assure you, you will love it! My name is already down for next year!

To all the organisers and volunteers - THANK YOU, I sincerely hope to be back next year - and for those interested - here's my Spotify play list!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's a running blog without a mention of park run

First video highlighting our beautiful surroundings

My first ever Marathon - LONDON 2018